About Me

My Photo
Jessica Jewett
I'm an author, artist and spiritual intuitive. My professional name is Jessica Jewett, which is taken from my maternal family line and to honor the other author in my family, Sarah Orne Jewett. I have published a Civil War novel and several short stories and articles. I'm deeply involved in paranormal and reincarnation research as well.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, March 26, 2011

Meanwhile, across the pond....

A little known fact about Queen Victoria was that her favorite stone was the opal, specifically the Australian Opal. She loved them so much that she gave jewels fashioned from opals to her daughters upon the occasions of their marriages. Her daughters took to loving opals as well and gave opal jewelry to their friends as gifts. People at court were also encouraged to wear the stone, despite the myth that they were unlucky to those who wore them unless they were their birthstones. Even when her beloved Prince Albert died in 1861, she still maintained her love of opals but instead wore them black for mourning him.

0 comments: